Group Protocol/ Leadership
Course: OTA106/107: Therapeutic Media & Group Therapy
Unit Three: Patient Activity and Client Settings
Select and adapt appropriate activities for patients and clients in a variety of settings.
1.Adapt an activity to a patient/client* needs through each of the lifespan components.
d. Young adult
2. Describe the similarities and differences of the occupational therapy service delivery
process when services are directed toward individuals and toward populations.
3.Recognize cultural and ethnic considerations when selecting and adapting an activity.
Unit Four: Skill and Safety Using Tools and Equipment Utilization and demonstration of safety and equipment procedures.
1. Verbalize and demonstrate safety precautions related to equipment and hand tools.
2. Demonstrate use of selected equipment and hand tools.
3. Demonstrate care and maintenance of selected equipment and tools.
4. Use sound judgment in regard to safety of self and others and adhere to safety regulations.
Curriculum thread(s) addressed:
· Occupation centered practice
· Role Acquisition
· Student will select and adapt an appropriate activity for patients and clients in a variety of
· Student will select appropriate activity and media for the patient/client. Indicate
inclusionary and exclusionary criteria (including patient/clients’ needs through each of
the lifespan components. Recognize cultural and ethnic considerations when selecting
and adapting an activity. Indicate sound judgment in regard to safety of self and others,
and adhere to safety regulations.
· Student will write a group protocol based on the Frame of Reference assigned from the
textbook and by utilizing the format found in Chapter 11.
· Student will role play leading a group using the group protocol developed.
· Student’s classmates will be the clients for the role play assignment as student lead a group activity.
· Write 3 SOAP notes at the end of the group session, documenting client reactions,
interactions and recommendations for ongoing processes for quality improvement and
possible implementation of group protocol changes as needed to ensure quality of
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”