Organizational leaders in healthcare focus on and develop innovative initiatives to achieve value-based care. Interdisciplinary teams assess organizational readiness and develop strategies for organizations to implement value-based care. In this task, you will demonstrate how an organizational leader might present these initiatives and strategies to key stakeholders.
You are an executive nurse leader in your organization tasked with developing a strategic action plan to implement value-based care.
You recently completed a clinical practice experience (CPE) that required you to fill out a “Value-Based Nursing Care Readiness Assessment” evaluating your organization’s current efforts to establish value-based care. As part of that CPE, you also identified strategies to implement value-based care.
Relying on your experiences and the knowledge you gained during your CPE, you will develop a multimedia presentation to inform key stakeholders of an action plan to achieve excellence through value-based patient care and to optimize reimbursement.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Create a multimedia presentation, including presenter notes for each slide, to inform key stakeholders about value-based care and present elements of an action plan.
Note: Presenter notes must be included for each slide to fully cover the level of explanation, analysis, and discussion necessary.
1. Provide an introduction (suggested length of 3–4 slides) to value-based care by doing the following:
a. Describe the elements of a value-based healthcare framework including examples.
b. Explain the benefits of value-based care for patients and populations including examples.
c. Describe the rationale for implementing value-based care in a healthcare organization including examples.
2. Identify (suggested length 1–2 slides) a nursing role, using the “WGU Nursing Programs Conceptual Model” web link as a guide.
a. Describe how the advanced professional nurse could facilitate the implementation of value-based care within the role identified including examples.
3. Summarize (suggested length of 5–6 slides) evidence relevant to the topic of value-based healthcare from five peer-reviewed scholarly sources published within the past five years.
4. Describe (suggested length of 2–3 slides) two strategies to implement value-based healthcare, or if the organization has already implemented it, describe two strategies that were used, include examples.
a. Identify key stakeholders for each strategy.
b. Describe the role of each stakeholder for each strategy.
c. Describe specific methods to measure the effectiveness of each strategy including examples.
5. Using the “Value-Based Nursing Care Readiness Assessment” completed in your CPE (see the attached document), discuss (suggested length of 4–7 slides) the organization’s readiness for change by doing the following:
a. Summarize and include examples for each assessment area in the readiness assessment:
• defined need
• readiness for change
• leadership and management support
• time, resources, and personnel
• sustainment of the change
b. Discuss two organizational strengths including examples.
c. Discuss two organizational opportunities for improvement including examples.
d. Analyze your organization’s level of readiness to implement value-based care based on its readiness score including examples.
e. Provide the completed “Value-Based Nursing Care Readiness Assessment” from your CPE.
Note: This should be an exact copy of your previously submitted readiness assessment. This is for evaluator reference.
B. Incorporate the following components of APA style and formatting in your presentation:
• bias-free language
• APA-specific rules regarding verb tense, voice, and perspective
• a title page and headers
• in-text citations and references
• APA-specific formatting rules for margins, spacing, numbering, and indentation for the title page and main body of your paper, including headers, bulleted and numbered lists, and tables and figures
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
myclassassignment.com Plagiarism Free Papers
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\’ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire myclassassignment.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.